As the material handling industry continues to advance, it’s important to stay aware of the latest trends and technology. In order to bring value and productivity to the table, here are some important trends to consider for 2023:
- Increasing automation: Automation is taking hold in many areas of material handling and will continue to be a key trend in 2023. According to a report by the Material Handling Institute (MHI), the use of automated material handling equipment is on the rise, with 53% of respondents to their survey stating that they have already implemented or plan to implement automation in their material handling operations. Additionally, the report found that automation is expected to account for 30% of all material handling equipment spending by 2025.
Some specific ways automation impacts the material handling industry include automated guided vehicles (AGVs), robotic arms, and automated storage and retrieval systems (AS/RS).
- Better utilization of space: With the cost of warehousing continuing to rise, businesses have to maximize their use of available space. This means looking at ways to decrease travel time between locations, reduce product damage, and optimize productivity.
In addition to utilizing available space, businesses should also look at deploying sensors and IoT technology to better monitor operations. This data can then be used to identify problems, such as bottlenecks or long waiting periods.
- Greater use of artificial intelligence: AI is becoming increasingly important for the material handling industry. AI implementation is driven by the need for improved efficiency, speed, and accuracy in supply chain operations.
According to a report by Research and Markets, the global market for AI in the material handling industry is projected to reach $6.79 billion by 2027, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 45.6% from 2020 to 2027.
- Harnessing Big Data: Utilizing Big Data can provide valuable insights into how processes are performing and predicting future needs better. This will help companies create more efficient systems that save time and money.
Hiring people with these skills are what will take your organization to the next level. Companies need to invest in employees who have experience with automation, AI, Big Data and other cutting-edge technology.
- Recruiting Top Talent: With the ongoing talent shortage, it’s an essential time for companies to evaluate what they can do differently when it comes to attracting highly skilled professionals. Partnering with an industry-focused recruiting agency can give you access to a larger pool of qualified individuals who could be the ones to lead your business into the future.
Want access to top talent that will make a difference for your company? Contact us at (616) 742-1505 or click here.
The material handling industry is constantly evolving and growing, so staying up to date on these emerging trends will help ensure success in 2023.
ABOUT PIONEER SEARCH GROUP
We recruit the old fashioned way. That’s what makes us different. We use a personalized selection We use a personalized selection process to match individuals with employers. We are skilled recruiters who know how to find someone who isn’t necessarily looking for a new opportunity. Know what you’re looking for in an employee? We’ll find it! To learn more about how Pioneer Search Group can help you, contact us.